Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Friday, July 12, 2013

After Birth at the Hospital - Wednesday and Thursday (Part III)

Wednesday, June 19th (Continued)

We had a great stay at the hospital. My parents, sisters, and grandparents and Daniel's parents were all there until late afternoon the day Easton was born. Ms. Sarah stopped by with our cute door decoration that afternoon and Lauren and her mom brought some goodies. Baileigh dropped in after work and then Daniel and I relaxed the rest of the evening. It had been a tiring 24 hours!
Ms. Sarah with me and Easton
Lauren with us

My sisters loved their new nephew!

Proud parents!

Baileigh and Easton

Goodies for the nurses and visitors

Cute door decorations from Ms. Sarah and Baileigh

Thursday, June 20th
On Thursday morning, I ordered breakfast, got a shower, and we went to see Easton in the nursery. He had stayed with us through the night, but went to the nursery that morning so we could get ready. While we were in the nursery, Easton's pediatrician came to see him. She said everything looked great. She also gave us the ok to go home that day. We were ready to go home since we had already been there two nights. My doctor also had to give us the ok after she performed his circumcision. She was fine with it as well. On Thursday, my family visited again and Daniel's parents and sister-in-law and nieces and nephews came. Once everyone left and we got packed up, we met with the baby nurse and my nurse and were released to go home. 



We dressed him up the second day. The hospital just had him in a shirt and diaper. 



My sister-in-law Erin brought her kids to see us.


Ready to go home!
We left the hospital around 4:30pm on Thursday and Daniel's brother David and his wife Kelley brought us pizza and visited. It was a weird feeling leaving the hospital with a little boy in the back seat knowing that we would be taking care of him on our own that night. It was exciting though, and our first night at home went great!

No comments:

Post a Comment