Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Friday, July 12, 2013

Easton's Birth Day - Wednesday, June 19th (Part II)

I woke up at 5am to a pretty strong contraction. We did not sleep very good that night, but had not had much activity either. Contractions had died down but they had to come re-position the monitor every time I moved it seemed like. So from 5am until about 9:30am I just worked through the contractions as they got more and more intense.

 At 7cm, I decided I could really use the epidural. Not only were the contractions really strong, but I had run out of energy to fight them off, much less deliver the baby. I had not eaten anything since dinner Tuesday and didn't eat hardly anything then I was so anxious. So the nurse started the IV, got the anesthesiologist, and I had the epidural at 10:30am. It went great and was not very painful, just one sharp sting. As they were laying me back down from the epidural, my water broke. Everything went so quickly from here.


Our wonderful nurse, Ashley, called in the doctor since I was now at 9cm. The doctor agreed that we were ready to start pushing. It is so crazy to me that the nurse pretty much does everything. Ashley was awesome and took care of me so well. She began the pushing at about 12:00pm and then made the call that the baby was ready to come. Dr. Cline checked me and I was +2, it took just a few pushes and we saw our little one's head and just a couple more before she was setting our little guy on my chest. Easton Daniel Roberts was born at 12:28pm. Labor went really well - I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Easton had a little bit of trouble breathing when he first came out, but after the nurses pumped a little bit of oxygen in him and cleaned all the gunk out, he was breathing fine and had no more issues. Once he was all cleaned up they gave him back to me for Daniel and I to spend some time with him. I then was able to nurse him.







Once we did that, Daniel went and got the family. My parents, sisters, and grandparents and Daniel's parents were all there to see Easton.We had him in the room for about three hours before they took him back to measure and bathe him.




No comments:

Post a Comment