Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Friday, June 28, 2013

Leading up to Easton's Birth (Part I)

Tuesday, June 18th

When writing my Week 39 post, I had no idea we would be heading to the hospital that day. As I mentioned in my previous post, my doctor stripped my membranes and expected me to go into labor this week. Well... I started having noticeably more intense contractions Tuesday afternoon and they kept getting closer together. I texted Daniel and told him we might be going to the hospital that night. He wanted me to call the doctor and make sure I knew when to go and what to do. I called around 4:30pm and the nurse told me to call if my water broke or my contractions were five minutes apart for an hour. I kept timing them and from 5 - 6:30pm they were five minutes apart. I wanted my water to break so I would KNOW but that wasn't happening. I called the doctor around seven and he told us to head to the hospital. We had packed all the bags in the car when Daniel got home because we were pretty sure we would be going soon. Off we went around 8pm.
Please excuse the blurry pic!
Tuesday Night: 
We got to the hospital around 8:30pm, checked in at the Emergency room, and they wheeled me up to labor and delivery. We were put in a triage room where they checked me. I was at about 6cm and they said I was in labor and there to stay. We then moved to a very nice, huge room where we stayed the entire time. As a matter of fact, I didn't leave the room until Thursday morning to go check on Easton in the nursery. This was the end of the excitement on Tuesday as my contractions kind of slowed down through the night and we all attempted to sleep. My sisters had come but left around 1am and my parents spent the night on the couch, Daniel in the chair.
A popsicle...the only thing I had to eat for about 18 hours!

My parents

Loved our large room!

Me and the hubby! So excited to meet our little man!



No comments:

Post a Comment