Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blessed!

I am very blessed with family. Daniel and I both have wonderful families. I am fortunate enough to have a great grandmother in my life. She is an amazing lady. Not only does she still care for herself, but also her handicapped daughter, Starr. Starr has been in a wheelchair for most of her life. Just recently, it got to the point where someone has to come put her to bed and get her up in the morning. This past week, though, my great-grandma was going out to get the paper, and when walking back up the ramp, she fell backwards. Thankfully, the man had not come to get Starr up yet, and when he arrived he found her and called the ambulance. She had broken her hip and has been in the hospital since then. My grandparents have been visiting her and staying with Starr some. Thankfully they are retired and can do this, but I know they are worn out!

Me, my sisters, and cousin with Grandma

Mom and Grandma
 
The girls with my grandparents and great grandma

Daniel and I went out to Canton/Woodstock yesterday. We visited with Starr for a couple of hours since she is there by herself some right now. They had just gotten my great grandma moved to a rehabilitation center, so we were able to go visit her there. She is doing much better. Hopefully in a month or so, she will be back home. She is a very strong woman and I am thankful to have her in my life, along with Starr and my grandparents. It is a blessing that they are able to help out during this time. I am so glad that we were able to go visit them yesterday since we do not make it out there too often.


Delicious-ness!!!

Afterwards, we rewarded ourselves with some Chili's since it was $$$ day!!! My first real paycheck! I'm ready to go shopping now! Ha! Once again, those new chicken club quesadillas hit the spot!!! :) Today...just relaxing, couponing, watching Netflix, and blogging! Oh, and tomorrow, picking up a special gift! Can't wait to share it with everyone!

~Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment