Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's The Little Things...





It's funny how it's the little things in life that make us happy! Thursday night I came home to this...

Thankfully, we had planned Zaxby's night so I had brought food home. Don't know how I would have cooked without running water. Our sink had been leaking lately, and apparently Daniel thought it was time for a new one. So...today we went to Lowe's and picked us out a new one. We came home and Daniel put it in in no time! [So glad we never have to pay that $99 installation fee!!!] I love it! I didn't like the other one any way because it was really low and I could barely fit our pots under it to wash them. We made sure this one was higher. Such a little thing, that sink made my day! Not only does it look nicer, but it has more water pressure, doesn't leak, and lets me get everything out of my laundry room floor and back under the cabinet! Here it is!


It's funny how much fun going to Lowe's or Home Depot is now. We always check everything out, scoping out the next thing we will purchase. I can't wait until we build a home one day and we get to pick out all the kitchen appliances! Today we checked out the refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines. None of those any time soon, knock on wood!!! We did a lot of checking out today...we also went to the Ford dealer looking at vehicles and the Verizon store looking at phones. Just came home with a faucet though. Daniel did order him this new rugged phone online when we got home.

Last night, I got to have a girls night, another one of those little things! I enjoyed going out with Baileigh and some of her friends to eat Mexican and see The Help! It was so good. Humbling, to say the least. I really enjoyed the movie, and am going to read the book now. Backwards, I know, but I think I would really enjoy the book.

Looking forward to trying out a Sunday school class tomorrow! For now, enjoying the rest of our Saturday and hope you are too!!. Excited about fajitas tonight!!! :)
~Gabby

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys. Yes, humbling would be the perfect word for The Help! You have to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the little things! We are going to a new Sunday school class tomorrow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabby! Your mama gave me your blog address Sunday when we met up with them for the youth group swimming. She saw me clipping coupons and then we got to talking about saving money, blogging, mission trips, etc. and she told me about this blog. I also have a blog, but my laptop has been down for 2 months so it's not updated. I will update it soon though if you want to check it out. Can't promise you will be interested in what I have to say, but.... :-)
    I'll be following you along on here though!
    mine is: mom2tori-bug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete