Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Puppy Hunting


I want a puppy! If you have known me my whole life, you are probably wondering if this is really me. I've never been a dog lover. Honestly, I've never cared about dogs at all. In college, of ALL philanthropies my sorority could have had, ours was the Dahlonega Humane Society. Yes, the most miserable two hours of every semester, walking dogs and playing with cats. The smell of the place just made me want to puke. Not to mention, all the convicts worked there. Not fun. So yeah, definitely didn't change for me in college. But...when Daniel and I got married he already had Abrum. I fell in love with him. Over the summer, before I got my job and I was home alone every day, I felt like he was my protector. I liked knowing I was not completely by myself. I loved it when I could finally tell that he recognized me and knew me as one of his owners.

So, since he's been gone, we have started looking for a new dog. Like I said in my last post, we have fallen in love with border terriers. We've just run into one problem. Well, two problems. There are no breeders around here. And the puppies we do find are priced over $1,000 dollars. Not happening. So, we have been on the computer ALL weekend looking for a puppy. Still no luck. We've been emailing back and forth with lots of people. And yesterday we spent the day with my parents. They are looking for a puppy now, too. They don't know what kind yet though. So we puppy hunted ALL day! It was a lot of fun though. But, now, I just want a puppy!

How much is that doggie in the window?
How much is that doggy in the window?

On a different note, we got to meet Stephanie, Chase, and Mercie for dinner Friday night at Outback. I was so glad to get to see them. Mercie is still so tiny!! Here are some pictures of us.

Stephanie and Chase


Me and Daniel


Mercie
Afterwards, we went to pick up some camping stuff we need for our camping trip next weekend. I got a sleeping bag and we got those self-inflating pads to put under our sleeping bags. We had way too much fun in the Coleman outlet.








Saturday, we pretty much spent the day at my parents'. We got bbq plates, covered the pool, puppy hunted, and ordered some delicious Johnny's pizza.

And today...church, grocery shopping, puppy hunting, blogging....

Have a fabulous week!!
~Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment