Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Friday, September 23, 2011

Too Long!

It has been entirely too long since I have blogged. This is becoming a trend that I have got to stop. I have been exhausted. When I finally sit down in the evenings, I don't want to waste the time starting up "Old Bessie," which would be my loyal laptop that I have had since graduating high school. Maybe Daniel will get me a new one for Christmas! Hint Hint!! Where to start today, I don't even know.

I'm going to start with our emotionally exhausting last week. If you read my last post about Abrum, I want to start by saying that his sickness was nothing that happened while he was at the breeder's. But, sadly, last Monday Abrum left this Earth and went to a far better place with no more suffering. It got a lot worse after my last post. Abrum completely stopped eating and had lost fifty pounds. After three trips to the vet and an overnight stay, the vet discovered that Abrum's kidneys were failing. This was making him turn up his nose at any food. Daniel had raised Abrum from a puppy. He even went to Kentucky to get him. He was only four years old, and it all happened so fast! We were not prepared at all. In the end, it was Abrum's time. It took  the whole week for us to recover. We were physically, mentally,and emotionally exhausted!

So, now, we're on the puppy hunt. Not just any puppy, and we're in no rush. But, I have to admit I'm pretty excited! We're looking at border terriers right now. Daniel wants one he can train up to hunt with him. And my requirements are that it's cute. :) Check out these puppies that we are looking at now!
photo
Last Saturday, I went to the Heart Walk in Gainesville to represent my accounting firm. Me, Ryan, Zach, and their wives had a great time. We walked three miles (almost!). Ryan was a TOP Walker. We got a great laugh out of that, since he was just in charge of collecting the money at our office. It was a lot of fun though and I enjoyed the exercise. Check out more pictures on Dana's blog here.

Then I left there and went and met Daniel and his family out at the property. We enjoyed the rest of the day riding four wheelers and the guys did a little shooting and I played with the kids. We had Daniel's parents over Sunday for dinner. It was good getting to visit with them some over the weekend. I got to meet his uncle too, so that was neat.

After our wonderful weeknd, we got more bad news this week. My parents' cocker spaniel, Freddie, that I grew up with was sick, so my parents tok him to the vet. He had to be put to sleep this week. We got him when I was in sixth grade. So, it was a sad day for my family. He will be missed. He was such a great family dog. So, no, we are not having much luck with animals lately.

Hopefully I will blog some more this weekend. Hoping to take some pictures in this beautiful fall weather. Also hoping to get my fall decor out and snap some shots of our new wood stove. Hopefully tonight I will get to see baby Mercie. Haven't seen her since I went to the hospital!

Enjoy your lovely weekend!!
~Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment