Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Monday, April 22, 2013

31 Weeks

Seems like the weeks are just going by faster and faster! Can't believe we are already 31 weeks. This week was filled with much rest, relaxation, and catching up for mommy! So thankful tax season ended and brought a few vacation days with it!

Baby Size: We are looking forward to finding out the size of baby Easton this Friday as we make a trip to the doctor for another ultrasound. We haven't had one since our 20 week visit! He should measure around 16 inches long and weigh about 3.3 pounds (the weight of four navel oranges). He is heading into a growth spurt!

New Developments: Easton can now turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin. His brain is developing faster than ever. He can now perceive information from all five senses. While mommy is busy working, Easton spends his time making faces, hiccupping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with his little hands and feet, and sucking his thumb.

Prego Updates:
Easton is a very active baby! He kicks all the time and I love to watch him move around in my tummy. It never gets old, especially since it is a sign that he is active and healthy!

After I made the comment to Daniel last week that the pregnancy had not really had an effect on how often I have to go to the bathroom, it hit this weekend. I have to go ALL the time now. So much for that!

I got my first prenatal massage last week. It was amazing! Don't think it will be my last one before this baby comes! For those wondering, the massage is done while you are laying on your side. No foot massages though since they can cause contractions.

Nursery:
I finally got the bedding on the crib. We have had the crib and my grandmother got us the mattress. I have also had the bedding for a while. I went ahead and purchased the mattress pad and an ultimate crib sheet. After making the bed one time, I have decided that I am going to LOVE the ultimate crib sheet. My mom's neighbor told me to get one, and I am soo glad! I plan to get one or two more so that I never have to change the sheets (except for major blowouts). Check out the cute rug I found at Homegoods! So glad I found it!








1 comment: