Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

2 Months Away...32 Weeks!

After our check up on Friday, we know a lot more about Baby Easton. My mom got to go with me this visit. I had not had an ultrasound since 20 weeks, and it was so fun to get to see baby Easton. He was quite the active little boy during the ultrasound and put a show on for us. He kept yawning and even opened and closed his eyes a few times. The ultrasound tech was able to get a picture of him with his eyes open. She had never done that and could not believe how active he was.

Baby Size: While the average baby at 32 weeks weighs about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, the doctor estimates that Easton is 4 pounds and 15 ounces. Easton is measuring about 2 weeks ahead right now. They will do another ultrasound at 38 weeks to determine his size at that time. If he is still measuring ahead, they may have to take him early. He will gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next seven weeks.

New Developments: We learned during the ultrasound that Easton has a good bit of hair from the fuzz around his head. He also has toenails and fingernails. His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps in preparation for his birth.

Mommy: Had gained 3 pounds since her last appointment and has gained a total of 26 pounds since the pregnancy began. I am gaining about a pound a week now, and about half of that goes straight to the baby. My blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since I became pregnant. They tested my hemoglobin at this appointment and said it was perfect. I also had to get the whooping cough vaccine.

This Week: I have my first baby shower on Sunday with my friends. I am looking forward to a fun time with all of them.

Note to Easton: You are so loved! We can not believe you will be here in less than 2 short months. We are so excited to finally meet you and so are your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! We are so thankful that we get to be your parents!







No comments:

Post a Comment