Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34 Weeks, 6 To Go!

Baby Size: Easton is now about the weight of a cantaloupe, about 4 3/4 pounds. He is about 18 inches long. Fat layers are filling him out while his skin is softer than ever.

New Developments: His central nervous system and his lungs are maturing. He has fingernails which reach the end of his fingers now. It is reassuring to know that babies born at 34 weeks or later are generally fine.

How's Mom Doing: I am a lot more tired these days. I have to take breaks when I start doing any physical work. I have also noticed a good bit more swelling around my ankles. By the end of the day my feet are big and tired! At my doctor visit on Friday, I had gained three more pounds for a total of 29 during the pregnancy. The doctor said my blood pressure was good as was the baby's heart beat. I am measuring right on track and everything looks good!

34 Weeks
                                                 
Last Week:
Daniel and I went to a 'Home Stretch' class at my doctor's office. It was very informative. They covered everything from current symptoms to when to go to the hospital and what to do when we get there, and what will happen while we are there. I am glad we went, and now we are both a little more informed and know what it will could be like when I go into labor.

What We are looking Forward To: I will have my next doctor appointment at 36 weeks and we go weekly at that point for check-ups. We will have an ultrasound at 38 weeks to see if the baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead. I have my last two baby showers next week. I have one at work on Monday and one that weekend with friends and family. After those, we can purchase the items we still need, pack our bags, and prepare for this baby! I am ready to be ready! (It has taken long enough!) Daniel had a dream this past weekend that I went into labor and he had to call his parents to come up and pick up a car seat on their way. Hopefully this won't happen, but we still have a good bit to do!


Prego Gabby and the handsome Daniel...just the two of us , but not for long!
Happy Mother's Day!
We enjoyed attending church with my mom and grandma and spending the day with them. My dad grilled some lunch, and we spent the day visiting and relaxing. We are so thankful for our moms and all the women in our lives who do so much for us! We are truly blessed!
Some of the beautiful women in my life, my grandmother, mom, and sisters on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment