Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Monday, May 27, 2013

One Month Left! 36 Weeks...

Wow! I can't believe my due date is 4 weeks from today! The pregnancy seems to have flown by! Fortunately, everything seems to be coming together.

Baby Size: Easton is still packing on the pounds at about an ounce a day. He now weighs approximately 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. We will not know an exact weight/height until my 38 week ultrasound.

New Developments: He is shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body as well as the waxy substance that protects his skin during his nine month stay in the amniotic fluid. His blood circulation has been perfected and his immune system has matured enough to protect him from infections outside the womb. His digestive system will continue to develop even after birth.

Full Term!: Next Monday, Easton will be considered full term (37-42 weeks). The doctor has confirmed he is in a head-down position. Everything the doctor sees seems to point to a healthy baby, which is what we are praying for!

Mommy: I have gained a total of 31 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy, 2 pounds since my last doctor visit. Walking is getting harder and I seem to be waddling around.  By the end of the day, I am very tired and swollen, but other than that I am in great shape!

This Week: We got the car seat and stroller! No more bad dreams for Daniel!
                                              

We have thoroughly enjoyed a nice, relaxing long weekend! It started off with a Gwinnett Braves game on Friday night.
                                             

Then, spending the last two days poolside, just what we needed.
                                              
                                             
                                              

Tomorrow is our 2nd anniversary! We are not sure what we will be doing to celebrate, but it will likely happen next weekend. We also had our maternity pictures taken Sunday evening and went to dinner with Ryan and Dana afterwards. I can't wait to see how they turned out! I am looking forward to dinner with friends Thursday, a doctor appointment Friday, and a picnic dinner at church on Saturday.

Last, but certainly not least, the final baby shower: Saturday, I had my last baby shower with family and friends. It was so much fun! A family friend, Ms. Sarah Trippe, hosted the shower at her house. Everything was beautiful! The food was delicious and she had put a lot of thought into all the decorations. She used the nursery theme (alligator madras) for the shower decorations. I can not get over how much stuff Easton has gotten. We have a VERY short list of things we need to get before he comes, which I hope to take care of next weekend. We are so blessed with all the thoughtful family and friends in our lives.
Blessed!
Me with my mom and grandma






No comments:

Post a Comment