Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Thursday, January 17, 2013

GENDER REVEAL!

As you know, we found out on January 8th what we were having. Daniel and I were having a hard time keeping it a secret, and my family and friends could not stand that they didn't know! Busyness was getting the best of us, and we could not find a date when all our family could come, much less that I would have time to plan.

My mom texted me Saturday morning and asked if we could do it Sunday night (yes...that is one day notice!). I thought about it and asked if my sisters could come and we decided we would! Daniel thought I was a little crazy and I don't think he was too hip on the idea, but it turned out perfect!

I immediately sent out texts inviting our closest friends and family in town. I know...not as cute as the invitations I had planned on sending, but cheaper and quicker! Most everyone was on board, they all wanted to know!

We had the party Sunday evening. Guests were welcomed at the road with the cute balloons we found. I added a cute little chick to the door. The theme for the night was "Waddle It Be?" with lots of ducks and yellow. It turned out so cute!



The mantle had this cute "Waddle It Be" sign made by Sarah Trippe. She did such a great job!

We had a little table where guests could sign a picture book for the baby. Also, they were supposed to wear a sticker with their guess. I would say the vote leaned more to the boy side!


The adorable cake made by Sarah Trippe. Not to mention she had a one day notice! It tasted even better than it looks!
 Guests wore the color that they guessed the baby would be.
The Girls

The Guys

Me and My Sisters

And...the REVEAL!!


 IT'S A BOY!!


We also announced that we will be naming him 
Easton Daniel Roberts

 I am so glad that we can now refer to the baby as a "he!" And that he has a name! 
We can not wait for him to be here! 

The party was so much fun, and I'm very glad we had it. Thank you to my parents for helping me throw it together in a day and to everyone who came! We have lots of memories, and I'm sure Easton will love reading your notes to him in his book one day!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to tell you, but I am beyond excited for y'all!!! What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete