Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Burlee!

Last Sunday, I decided my house needed some Easter decor. We have one little bunny and that is it! I put away my work things and took out my craft stuff to make an Easter burlee. I love making these for two reasons, they are cheap and easy! Here it is in progress.


And a little guidance for those who have never made one...

You will need:
Burlap
Craft paint (I use the little tubes of acrylic paint)
Paint brushes/sponges
Stuffing
Hot glue gun

1. Trace your design onto newspaper and cut it out.
2. Pin your design to the fabric (front and back). And cut the burlap out. You should have two identical pieces of burlap that are not attached.
3. Paint your burlap. Depending on where you are going to put it and how much time you have, you can paint the back side too. Let it dry.
4. Put stuffing in between the two pieces of burlap and hot glue the edges of the burlap together. You can glue ribbon or twine into it as well to hang it up.
5. You are done! So simple!

Here is my finished product! I hopefully will accumulate one for every holiday. I love having them hanging up around the house.


Happy Easter! Can't believe it will be here next weekend. Looking forward to our Good Friday service and Easter Services at church as well as celebrating with family. This holiday is so important to us, representing the resurrection of Jesus Christ as he overcame the grave! We have so much to CELEBRATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment