Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hello Third Trimester!

I can't believe it! We are 2/3 of the way to meeting our little Easton! Words can not describe how excited we are. I love being pregnant and having this precious baby in my tummy, but I know that having him in my arms will never compare!

This week marks 27 weeks of being pregnant with Easton. We have A LOT going on in our lives. On top of Daniel and I both working 60+ hour weeks, we have been preparing for the baby (and trying to fit in some rest)! I am going today to a visit with the pediatrician and we have also been talking to people about child care. I went to my 26 week appointment last Thursday and go back in three weeks. After that, I will be going every 2 weeks. I can not believe it is already almost that time! Also, we had a nice visit from Daniel's mom, sister, and our niece on Sunday. They came to Georgia to visit everyone and spend the day and night with us. It was great to get to visit with them.

27 Week Update:

Baby Size: Baby Easton weighs almost 2 pounds (like the head of a cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended.

New Developments: He is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his little eyes, and maybe even sucking on his fingers. His brain is very active now and lungs would be capable of function if he were to be more although they are still immature. Hiccups are common from now on.

Mommy: Has gained 19 pounds since pre-pregnancy weight. This is probably why my back has been hurting. I still have no trouble sleeping though, not surprising since I am always tired!

Last Week: I had that oh so fun gestational diabetes test. It wasn't very fun, but was not horrible either. I got to drink this tasty drink and they drew my bliss. I haven't gotten the results yet, but let's hope for no diabetes!

Note for Easton: We love you so much already! Time is flying by and you will be here before we know it. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment