Overflowing with Praise

May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:171

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh Communication

Well...I've always known how important communication is, but marriage makes that so much more evident. Especially when you are away from each other all day! I'm about worn out from babysitting all week! One more day and then my babysitting days will be over for good! Can't believe I start my job in two weeks. Anyway, I know you're wondering what happened. After Daniel gets off work at the truss plant around 2:30, he cuts grass for his lawn company. I never know when he's getting home. And I'm still getting used to this cooking thing.

Yesterday, he walked in the door a little after five and I was just starting to figure out something to eat. He wasn't very happy. Starving, tired, and dirty, he had nothing to eat, AND the water wasn't working right. We have a well and something was going on with it. So...he had to work on that and I sautéed some zucchini, squash, and tomatoes from the garden. We also had salad. That wasn't near enough for us, so I made a frozen pizza. Ha! That didn't turn out so healthy after all.

Then, today, I had this great idea to make poppyseed chicken casserole. My roommate, Maleah, introduced it to me in college. I had it made at six. He called right as everything was getting finished. I told him it was perfect timing, just to find out he won't be home until after seven! Needless to say, supper is cold. I got a little mad when he told me that he would be so late because I never know what time he will be home! He then informed me that we have got to communicate better. Yes, I would say we do. Normally we are pretty good at it, but I guess we're both so tired at this time of day that we just want to eat! So, from now on I will find out what time he will be home before I took a big meal. Anybody want to come eat with me? :) ~Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment